I wanted to have a chocolate brownie with walnuts. I even printed up and put on my fridge a “best ever” keto brownie. But then I got distracted by a recipe on the back of the Costco Kirkland Almond Flour bag. So I ketofied that recipe instead.
It’s not bad. I can’t compare it to the “best ever” recipe since I still haven’t tried it. If you are looking for a simple chocolate brownie recipe with walnuts and want to use just one egg and almond flour, then this may be the one for you!
Keto Chocolate and Walnut Brownie
Costco's Kirkland Almond Flour has a brownie recipe on the back of the pack. I used it to create this ketofied version of these brownies. Each brownie works out to be 2 g net carbs.
Servings: 16 pieces
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter original recipe had 2 tbsp
- 1/4 cup sweetener Could do with more, original recipe had 1/2 cup of sugar. I used Raw Earth's Stevia and Monk Fruit sweetener. It was just sweet enough for me, so you may want a bit more
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour Kirkland Signature blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder original recipe had cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnut halves I measured them as halves in a 1/2 cup. And then chopped them. Original recipe suggests almonds. But I like walnuts in brownies
- 40 g chopped 85% dark chocolate It was 1 and a half (a bit more!) of a bar of chocolate (see pic)
- Heat oven to 180 degrees C (or 350 degrees F)
- Cream together 4 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup (or more) sweetener in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Blend in the egg. Blend in the 1/4 cup almond milk and 1 tsp vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together 1 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup cacao powder, 1/8 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp baking powder.
- Add to butter mixture and blend until mixed.
- Measure 1/2 cup walnut halves and chop them up into smaller pieces. Take 1.5 Moser bars or 40g of 85% chocolate or sugar free chocolate and chop it up into chip sized pieces.
- Stir in chopped walnuts and chopped chocolate into mixture.
- Line a 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inch) baking pan with baking paper.
- Pour (or scrape!) batter into the pan and spread evenly. (I popped a bit more chopped walnuts and left over chocolate chips on top.)
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing and storing (or serving!). Slice into 16 "squares". Works out to be about 2g net carbs per square.
This is a ketofied version of chocolate and walnut brownies based on the Costco Kirkland Signature Almond Flour Blanched recipe "Gluten-Free Almond Brownies". It worked out more cake like than brownie like. Maybe next time I'll either bake it less or add a bit more sweetener and a bit more almond milk and an extra egg.
My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different web address
and thought I should check things out. I like what I see so now
i’m following you. Look forward to checking out your
web page for a second time.